[olug] Knoppix question

Bob McCoy bob at mccoy.net
Sun Dec 21 12:49:24 UTC 2003

http://www.lnx-bbc.org/

-----Original Message-----
From: olug-bounces at olug.org [mailto:olug-bounces at olug.org] On Behalf Of
Vincent.Raffensberger at dtn.com
Sent: Friday, December 19, 2003 10:40 AM
To: Omaha Linux User Group
Subject: Re: [olug] Knoppix question

I'm a little off-topic here, but I've been working on a similar project.
It's a boot image small enough (<50MB) to fit onto a pocket CD (business

card CD).

I still have a couple bugs to work out, but it has four rescue modes.

Linux:  Derived from RH rescue, with network and many additional tools,
like netstat, nmap, host, ssh, tcpdump, Xfree86, VNC, etc...
NT Password:  Will reset passwords on NT/ XP systems
memtest86:  Great memory tester
DOS:  Automatic detection and setup of network, ghost demo, FreeDOS,
etc....

The bugs are in the DOS stuff right now, but when it's finished, I'll
make
it available for everyone.

I still have a little space left.  Suggestions?

Sean Edwards <cybersean3000 at yahoo.com>
Sent by: olug-bounces at olug.org
12/19/2003 10:20 AM
Please respond to
cybersean3000 at yahoo.com; Please respond to
Omaha Linux User Group <olug at olug.org>

Omaha Linux User Group <olug at olug.org>
cc

Subject
Re: [olug] Knoppix question

I use Tom's Root Boot ("The Most Linux You Can Fit On
A Floppy") for a task such as this.

http://www.toms.net/rb/

-=Sean Edwards=-
cybersean3000 at yahoo.com