[olug] ssh and Cox

Terry td3201 at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 19 21:29:15 UTC 2003

Your safest bet is to send KeepAlives from your ssh
client rather than from the Server.  My guess is your
work Pix has an xlate timeout in place that is not
friendly to streamed connections such as ssh/telnet.

I know putty has a keepalive option, if you are using
windows.  The keepalive option for sshd is set to
'yes' by default so unless you have done something
outside of the norm, you already have this enabled.
Give putty a roll if you haven't yet:
http://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~sgtatham/putty/download.html

--- thelarsons3 at cox.net wrote:
> Hello, all...
>
> I opened port 22 at home last night so that I could
> get to my NetBSD box from work with ssh.  However,
> the connection keeps dropping.  I can't tell if it's
> after specific period, inactivity, or just random.
> Is this something Cox's network is doing, or have I
> set up something wrong?  TIA.
>
> Merry Christmas,
> Tim
>
> --