[olug] ssh and Cox

Daniel Linder dan at linder.org
Fri Dec 19 17:05:31 UTC 2003

Tim wrote:
> I opened port 22 at home last night so that I could get to my NetBSD box
> from work with ssh.  However, the connection keeps dropping.  I can't tell
> if it's after specific period, inactivity, or just random.  Is this
> something Cox's network is doing, or have I set up something wrong?  TIA.

I have been ssh'ing into my home machine for some time now and don't have
many problems.  I probably stay on for about 20-30 minutes at a shot, but
I know I have had the occasional forgotten xterm stay connected all day
until I shutdown to go home.

Have you played with the keep-alive option in sshd ('KeepAlive yes'?)

Dan