[olug] TDK mojo128 portable MP3 player

neal rauhauser neal at lists.rauhauser.net
Wed Dec 17 23:42:57 UTC 2003

     I managed to work an unpleasantness on my Promaster compact flash
reader this weekend so today I went to CompUSA to find a replacement.

     The CF readers were $20, the 8 in 1 wonder reader was $40, so I
picked that instead. Besides CF it also has an SD memory slot and two
other slots for form factors I don't recognize.

      I've been looking at MP3 players for quite a while but I really
need something for road trips and I don't want to put a $500 device in
my car in this neighborhood.

     Enter the mojo128 from TDK. Most flash MP3 players are 128 meg and
they take a single AAA battery. I was looking for a unit that would take
a single AA battery since I have quite a few rechargeables of that type,
when I saw the mojo128. 128 meg of built in flash and it has an SD
memory slot - I thought the flexibility of the SD slot was worth the
price of a AAA charger and two batteries. Did I mention its only $149?

    Earlier this year in a bid to keep my noisy desktop in another room
and listen to MP3s in my bedroom I spent $20 on a low power FM radio
station USB dongle. This is now plugged in to my car 12v adapter with
the 12v to USB thing that came with it and instead of shuffling CDs
(scratch, scratch, scratch) or suffering with the various incarnations
of KSUK that populate the metro, I'm tuning in to my own personal mix,
and unlike the other flash MP3 devices this one lets me change format at
will, so long as I'm willing to pay for the SD cards.

   Is anyone else using one of these things? Another MP3 player with
removable media?

mailto:neal at lists.rauhauser.net
phone:402-301-9555
IM:Neal R Rauhauser
"After all that I've been through, you're the only one who matters,
you never left me in the dark here on my own" - Widespread Panic