[olug] Network Performance

Brian Roberson roberson at olug.org
Sat Dec 13 16:43:55 UTC 2003

before changing any transceiver options, a simple "ifconfig" command will
tell you if you are having collisions, only then would I look at duplex
problems. If you are getting 70-80% line rate, your network is solid. The
details you have laid out are pointing to the problem of not enough
bandwidth, solutions are pretty clear, either reduce the amount of packages
being installed ( Perhaps the things that Vincent laid out ) or bite the
bullet and buy better switches.