[olug] Listing local area businesses that use linux/BSD/Open source OS?

Brian Wiese bwiese at cotse.com
Sat Dec 13 04:10:20 UTC 2003

On Fri, 12 Dec 2003 15:28:40 -0600 (CST)
"OBrien, Timothy  (Omaha Linux Users Group - OLUG)" <IrishMASMS at olug.org>
wrote:

|<quote who="K.J. Kirwan">
|> This list of companies using GNU/linux/FOSS is
|> very encouraging, and should not be allowed to
|> fade away in some forgotten email.  (In fact,
|> I would add companies using OpenOffice.org to
|> the list, but I'll let that go for the moment.)

|Superb idea KJ - If Brian Wiese will compile the list (since he started
|the thread :); we can get the list added in one of the OLUG FAQs that I
|had been working on anyway; and in the Web directory as local open source
|users (if they have a web site of course).

Yes, I agree... great idear Kirwan...

|Brian - you willing to compile the list?

Well, since it looks like Jay already beat me too it (Thanks Jay!) and did
a great job at that, I'll look it over with my current list and try to
make sure we have them all covered. =)  ...though I'm sure this will be
something to get updated over time, I can be a POC for it if needed in the
mean time -- though someone else would have to update the site.

--
 Brian Wiese | bwiese(at)cotse.com | aim: unolinuxguru