[olug] Listing local area businesses that use linux/BSD/Open source OS?

OBrien, Timothy (Omaha Linux Users Group - OLUG) IrishMASMS at olug.org
Fri Dec 12 21:28:40 UTC 2003

<quote who="K.J. Kirwan">
> This list of companies using GNU/linux/FOSS is
> very encouraging, and should not be allowed to
> fade away in some forgotten email.  (In fact,
> I would add companies using OpenOffice.org to
> the list, but I'll let that go for the moment.)
>
> Can this list be added to the OLUG web page?
>
> Initially, the entire list could be put into the
> category "rumored but unconfirmed" or something,
> and then the company could be contacted for
> permission to confirm that they use Linux.
>
> If they agree, then their name would be moved to
> the "confirmed" section and they would get an
> opportunity to add a link to a paragraph or two of
> their comments and experiences about GNU/linux/FOSS
> if they wish.
>
> Does anybody else think this is a good idea?

Superb idea KJ - If Brian Wiese will compile the list (since he started
the thread :); we can get the list added in one of the OLUG FAQs that I
had been working on anyway; and in the Web directory as local open source
users (if they have a web site of course).

Brian - you willing to compile the list?

--
Timothy "Irish" O'Brien
Publicity & Social activities chairperson