[olug] How to remove ^M's from files? - dos2unix

Brian Wiese bwiese at cotse.com
Fri Dec 12 05:29:35 UTC 2003

On Thu, 11 Dec 2003 09:34:59 -0600
Shaughn <shaughn at emosai.net> wrote:

|i have a bunch of web pages that have ^M's as the end because they
|weren't saved correctly.

theres a program specifically for that, dos2unix and unix2dos

I guess theres a package called 'recode' in debian, but I also thought
there was a dos2unix program in debian as well?

Package: recode
Section: text
Installed-Size: 326
Maintainer: Santiago Vila <sanvila at debian.org>
Architecture: i386
Version: 3.6-6
Depends: libc6 (>= 2.1.2), librecode0 (>= 3.6)
Filename: pool/main/r/recode/recode_3.6-6_i386.deb
Size: 156278
MD5sum: 7a3dfcb1f9f8474812a20d80ac73e874
 Free `recode' converts files between character sets and usages.  When
 exact transliterations are not possible, it may get rid of the
 offending characters or fall back on approximations.  This program
 recognizes or produces nearly 150 different character sets and is able
 to transliterate files between almost any pair.  Most RFC 1345
 character sets are supported.

--
 Brian Wiese | bwiese(at)cotse.com | aim: unolinuxguru