[olug] Wireless Hardware Recommendations

K.J. Kirwan kjk_elec at ix.netcom.com
Thu Dec 11 19:42:07 UTC 2003

As far as adding an 802.11b wireless connection,
if you can connect by RJ-45 ethernet (add new NIC
or via a switch or hub?) don't overlook the
Linux-friendly Linksys WET11.

Works right out of the box with very little setup
and no "unavailable driver" problems.  (No drivers
at all, in fact!)  There's a 802.11g version too,
forgot the model number.  Faster but more money.