[olug] PHP-Nuke/phpbb 2.0.5 problem

Terry Bradshaw angrypuppy at tconl.com
Wed Dec 10 03:40:14 UTC 2003

Hey, Nuke users...

I'm VERY new to PHP-Nuke(6.9) and I just set up a site late last week
for our church drama group:

http://angrypuppy.homelinux.net:8080/

The problem I'm having is that it seems like something is either goofed
up with my database (MySQL) or something is goofed up with the queries
in my Nuke installation.

If you browse the Forums, you will notice that it says there are 2
topics and 5 posts under "Suggestions for Improvement".  When you click
on that forum, it says that no topics have been posted.  Same under my
"Etcetera" item.

When I browse the database using phpmyadmin, I can find the posts and
the post text.  I think the keys are OK, but I'm still examining this.

This weekend, I was having similar problems with private messaging.  I
would see a message that I had a private message, but when I tried to go
to the "Private Messages" module, it would say that I had no messages.
Browsing the actual database allowed me to see and read the messages.
This isn't an option for my users, though.

Has anyone run into this before?  My searches aren't yeilding much yet,
although I really just started digging into this tonight.

Thanks,
Terry