[olug] konqueror file manager/explorer alternative?

Brian Wiese bwiese at cotse.com
Sun Dec 7 03:41:38 UTC 2003

Does anyone know of a nice 'windows explorer'/'kde konqueror' file browser
and management tool?  I'd like to find something else, as that is really
the most useful thing I use when in either Windoze or GNU/Linux... though
konqueror is far superior imho, it's really the only reason I still prefer
KDE compared to other desktop managers.  I'm using xfce 4.0 now, and it's
"xffm" file manager, but I find it rather unuseful and cumbersome.  What I
like to would include:

- be of course fast, hopefully not require all the kde libs
- have a 2 panel folder viewer, with check boxes to expand
(konq rocks with the even side panel, /home, /, etc quick links)
- thumbnail previews for photos would be nice, though I could do without
and use other 'thumbnail' viewers for my picture directories
(konq rocks - can even resize the thumbnails displayed, rotate, etc..)
- have a nice look and feel to it
- file icons would be nice, to highlight a range/click select files

any one seen anything like this?

--
 Brian Wiese | bwiese(at)cotse.com | aim: unolinuxguru