[olug] DVD writing in Linux, Linux-Magazine

Brian Wiese bwiese at cotse.com
Sat Dec 6 19:33:18 UTC 2003

It appears the current issue of Linux-Magazine ($10 at B&N) has a focus on
DVD-Burning
http://www.linux-magazine.com/issue/38

Though its a mighty steep subscription price (based out of the UK), they
have a trial offer going on now where you can get 3 issues for $10, then
cancel anytime (or continue being billed at the full price)...
linux-magazine.com/trial

What is quite nice though, is they have all their articles for the old
issues avail online for free in PDF format.  (I think linuxjournal does
much of the same thing, and subscribers get to access all articles online)
https://www.linux-magazine.com/Magazine/Archive

On Mon, 01 Dec 2003 09:19:07 -0600
Jordan Wilberding <diginux at diginux.net> wrote:

|Hello,
|
|I just got a new dvd-writer, and I want to use it in Linux. I have ready
|alot of stuff about it so far, and it seems that the only way I can
|build a movie disc is to use command line tools, or does a nice GUI
|exist? kb3 only lets you burn movies using eMovix it seems, which is not
|what I want.
|
|So a question for people who have used dvd writers here, is it easier to
|do things by commandline? Or is there a nice GUI I am missing?
|
|Also, on a side a note, my dvd-writer says it comes with dvd+vr
|technology, what is +vr technology?
|
|Thanks!
|Jordan Wilberding

|OLUG mailing list
|OLUG at olug.org

 Brian Wiese | bwiese(at)cotse.com | aim: unolinuxguru