[olug] Server OS after Dec 31, 2003

William Langford unfie at cox.net
Sat Dec 6 19:15:03 UTC 2003

I've not seen it mentioned, but I know of a few people who run Slack on
their servers.  For those admins who have to cover hundreds of machines
at once, there *are* user written slackware-package-management-stuffies
available, and outside of 'hotplug support' in 9.0, slack's had a very
clean reputation.

Slack would probably also be my first choice & recommendation (assuming
x86 hardware), too.  Distro's that drastically alter the original
sources would be a rather scarey pothesis to test in the wild IMO ....

Then again, I'm a Slack fan... so... shrug :)

-Will