[olug] IBM Wins Both Motions to Compel, Slashdot-effect hits Groklaw

Jon H. Larsen relayer at levania.org
Fri Dec 5 21:41:31 UTC 2003

Groklaw is slowing on the news.

As Groklaw allows reproduction, here is the top story today on Groklaw:

First Report from Grokker Inside Hearing: IBM Wins Both Motions to Compel
Friday, December 05 2003 @ 02:30 PM EST

Our first report from a Groklaw volunteer, sam, who attended the court
hearing is that IBM won both of its motions to compel and SCO's motion was
set for a later date. Here is what sam is telling us, and it's subject to
further information and confirmation as more news arrives. We have several
attending and I'll do a followup, but this is the first word. Here is what
sam is telling us:

    "Just returned from the hearing.

    "Needless to say there was blood all over the floor on the SCO side of
the aisle none on the 'left' side.

    "Judge granted both IBM motions to compel, gave SCO thirty days to
comply 'with specificity' and suspended further discovery. Did not rule on
the SCO motion until next hearing scheduled for Friday, Jan 23 and 10:00
am.

    "SCO did say that they will be filing a complaint within days on
copyright violations.

    "More to come"

So it looks like they have 30 days to finally tell us what code they are
talking about "with specificity". Finally.

Jon H. Larsen  - email: relayer at levania dot org
Omaha Linux Users Group - http://www.olug.org
ICQ#: 10412618 - http://www.levania.org/~relayer/
PGP Pubkey - http://www.levania.org/~relayer/relayerpubkey.txt