[olug] OT: laptop power supply

Ryan O'Rourke ryano at ch-gifts.com
Fri Dec 5 20:38:34 UTC 2003

On Fri, 2003-12-05 at 09:47, Jay Swackhamer wrote:
> It could be that the fan is temp triggered.......
>
> It could be that the laptop is in a 'hung' sleep state, and needs to have
> the bios reset. Sometimes accomplished by pulling the battery and holding
> the power button for 30+ seconds, or some other combination of procedures.

I tried removing battery and unplugging the AC power adapter, and then
pressing the "Reset" button on the bottom of the unit.
I'll try pressing the power button button for 30+ seconds when I get
home.

> It could be a problem with the screen or screen setting, try an external
> monitor.

I'll try that at home as well.

> It could be a toasted(technical term) motherboard.

We'll see. If that ends up being the case, I guess I'll start scouring
ebay.

Thanks for your suggetions.

-- Ryan