[olug] OT: laptop power supply

bwiese bwiese at cotse.com
Fri Dec 5 06:27:30 UTC 2003

> Anybody know where I can get a power supply for an HP Pavilion XF 125
> laptop? Google and ebay find tons of AC adaptors and full size power
> supplies, but I can't seem to locate laptop power supplies.

Perhaps I don't understand laptop's power systems well enough, but isn't
the AC adapter the same as the 'powersupply' to the laptop? (as in a full
size ATX powersupply, it just converts the AC to DC current right?)

If not, and it is a part of the laptop, I would guess your best bet is to
find a similiar model on ebay 'for parts'.