[olug] DNS

OBrien, Timothy (Omaha Linux Users Group - OLUG) IrishMASMS at olug.org
Thu Dec 4 01:02:22 UTC 2003

The DNS for one of the networks I am stuck on at work keeps going down,
and there is no secondary. Hence, when that monthly DNS failure happens
unless you know the IP address your are not browsing anywhere on the
Internet.

With an extra P200 or dual P200 sitting around (there is a Micron and a
Compaq that come to mind). So hardware is not an issue - does anyone have
any suggestions & helpful hints for setting up a secondary DNS?

--
Timothy "Irish" O'Brien
Publicity & Social activities chairperson