[olug] Installfest & RSVP

OBrien, Timothy (Omaha Linux Users Group - OLUG) IrishMASMS at olug.org
Wed Dec 3 04:43:38 UTC 2003

<quote who="Jeff Hinrichs">
[snipped]

> Maybe some knoppix cds?  After reading the MDK article on /. last night
> I burned the knoppix 2003-11-19 iso.  Didn't realize that you could save
> prefs and files to a removable device.  I know I can be slow at times<g>
>
> If you wanted, you can also configure a partition for swap along with
> one for user files, run the rest from CD.  So if you only want to use a
> bit of your hard drive a newbie could get a good feel for a decent Linux
> setup.
>
> -Jeff

Always bring some Knoppix CD's! Always! It is a superb tool - great with
the auto discovery of devices, and you can install it to the local HD.

sudo /usr/local/bin/knx-hdinstall

will initiate the Knoppix install wizard.

Heck, someone even mentioned having Knoppix as the distro....

--
Timothy "Irish" O'Brien
Publicity & Social activities chairperson