[olug] DVD writing in Linux

Jordan Wilberding diginux at diginux.net
Mon Dec 1 16:53:00 UTC 2003

On Mon, 2003-12-01 at 08:35, Brian Wiese wrote:
> On Mon, 01 Dec 2003 09:19:07 -0600
> Jordan Wilberding <diginux at diginux.net> wrote:
>
> |Hello,
> |
> |I just got a new dvd-writer, and I want to use it in Linux. I have ready
> |alot of stuff about it so far, and it seems that the only way I can
> |build a movie disc is to use command line tools, or does a nice GUI
> |exist? kb3 only lets you burn movies using eMovix it seems, which is not
> |what I want.
>
> "K3b 0.10. Yes, we did it. The next major K3b release is finished and I
> think we made a big step forward and not only because K3b now burnes
> DVDs..."  13.10.2003
> -- k3b.sourceforge.net / k3b.org
>
> I think some of the others are starting to add this as well...

I know k3b writes to dvd, but it doesn't seem to support making movies
from dvd, with the exception of eMovix like I said in my email. I am
wondering if there is something that will allow you author movies on dvd
in Linux without having to do everything yourself with mkisof and
dvdrecord on the command line.

Thanks!
Jordan Wilberding