[olug] single board computers

Ryan Stille rps at willconsult.com
Mon Dec 1 15:13:36 UTC 2003

Could one of these systems be configured to act as a WiFi access point, then backhaul the traffic over 802.11b (on another channel?) to another access point?  What would be the cost of such a system?  We've been talking about starting some kind of 802.11b wireless network up here in Sioux City for over a year now.  But we're not sure exactly how to go about it.

I'd like to end up with something where if anyone is in range of any other node, it works.  And then their node extends the network to anyone who can reach that new node.

-Ryan