[olug] mod_php? how to debug?

CM Miller cmmiller1973 at yahoo.com
Sun Aug 31 21:51:49 UTC 2003

--- neal rauhauser <neal at lists.rauhauser.net> wrote:

>   I've added mod_php via the usual make; make
> install on FreeBSD 4.8.
> The installation automagically added lines to
> httpd.conf for this
> module, I had to manually add some application-type
> entries but they
> were documented in make install's output, then I
> restarted apache
> 2.0.47.
>
>   I created a simple php script named index.php in
> the web server's
> root. When I try to load http://127.0.0.1/index.php
> I get the text of
> the script, instead of the expected output. Anyone
> have any suggestions
> on how to fix this?
>
>   Here is the script
>
> cat index.php
> <?php echo "Whacked my index.html files!\n" ; ?>
>
> --

I'm not the King of PHP on the olug list.

That title goes to Mr Mat Caughron, but I'm going to
take a stab at this, because I had the same problem
eariler this yr.  And had to ask the King of PHP for
help.

Neil, how are you viewing your php files?  Through a
browser?

If so, (is there any other way to view a php file?)
then in the address bar, I type:

/var/html/phpinfo.php

And then it displays various information about the PHP
installation.

This is the phpinfo file, if you want to try it out:

<?php phpinfo(); ?>

-Chris

=====
"I've dug graves for a living, I've done customer sevice/telemarketing for a living.  Guess which one is more rewarding careerwise?"

-CM Miller