CAP vs DMT? [olug] Looking for a Cisco 678 DSL router

Jesse Regier jregier at cox.net
Sat Aug 30 03:48:42 UTC 2003

DMT is a newer protocol and can go slightly longer distances.  Alltel
started out using CAP in this area then later switched to DMT for new
installs.  The 675 can only do the older CAP encoding.  The 678 can do
both plus one other that I haven't seen used around here.  Both the 675
and 678 have been End of Lifed and are not supported by Cisco anymore.