[olug] Open Source Solution Marketing

Brian Wiese bwiese at cotse.com
Fri Aug 29 16:02:05 UTC 2003

On Thu, 28 Aug 2003 17:29:11 -0500 (CDT)
Jay Hannah <jay at jays.net> wrote:

|On Thu, 28 Aug 2003, Brandon Lederer wrote:
|> I would _DEFINTIELY_ be interested in this, doing the Open Source
|> Consulting that I do on a personal basis.   I totally migrated from an
|> Exchange system to open source.
|
|What do you use for groupware? We're also looking for alternatives to
|Exchange groupware (calendaring, conf room scheduling, etc.)...

The Horde project looks very appealing as well.  A friend of mine has the
IMP webmail all setup with spam filtering (spamassassin/razor), gpg
integration, theres a calendar and a bit more that can be added on.  Oh,
and it's "pretty" too. =)

http://horde.org/

When I was looking for open source groupware, everything seemed centered
around a web technology... I guess this is good and bad, but good because
the user can be on _any_ platform and still access their information, from
_any_ location.

peace, cheers

 Brian Wiese | bwiese(at)cotse.com | aim: unolinuxguru