[olug] RE: Topic for next meeting

Jay Hannah jay at jays.net
Thu Aug 28 18:56:24 UTC 2003

We, too, remain interested in enterprise-wide authentication. Based on
conversations I've had LDAP comes closest, but doesn't stop Windoze users
from changing their password on their local Windoze box, an update which
fails to flow to LDAP, making things out of sync again. (That's 2nd hand
info. I've never played w/ Windoze authenticating w/ LDAP.)

In a nutshell, enterprise authenticaion* remains a mystery to me and I'd
love to see some light shed on it.

* One solution for Linux + AIX + Solaris + Windoze 98/NT/2000/XP