[olug] headless PC operation

Matthew G. Marsh mgm at midwestlinux.com
Wed Aug 27 00:40:30 UTC 2003

On Tue, 26 Aug 2003, neal rauhauser wrote:

> http://www.realweasel.com/

Cool. Now that is a groovin' gadget. I run buttloads o'servers headless
but they are spanko about the BIOS (except the intel and ibm rack mount
systems). Heh - curious if anyone with those name brand racks (Dell etc)
knows if they can do true headless in the BIOS. I know my intel
clone'o'rack bios does. And the ibm racks seem to (at least the few I have
played with).

>   This site is mentioned in the Absolute OpenBSD book - if you've got
> $250, you can make a machine headless/serial. I can think of a few
> immediate uses for this one ...
>
> --
> mailto:neal at lists.rauhauser.net
> phone:402-301-9555
> "After all that I've been through, you're the only one who matters,
> you never left me in the dark here on my own" - Widespread Panic

Matthew G. Marsh,  President
Paktronix Systems LLC
1506 North 59th Street
Omaha  NE  68104