[olug] best broadband option?

Daniel Pfile daniel at pfile.net
Tue Aug 19 17:17:20 UTC 2003

I've heard from a 3rd person that quest cable modems are really bad.
Perhaps Mac Petras can comment?

I like cox, but they don't let you run a server... (I ssh into home and
sometimes run other services on different ports, but they do watch
traffic) DSL is ok and available most places, but it's slow and
expensive compared to cox. Especially since you'll have to go with a
premium provider that allows servers.

Oh, and welcome to Nebraska. I'm a transplant myself, along with about
50% of the city it seems. What brings you here?

-- Daniel