[olug] host registration

Phil Brutsche phil at brutsche.us
Sat Aug 16 16:05:07 UTC 2003

neal rauhauser 402-301-9555 wrote:

>   Does anyone have a link for host(nameserver) registration? Its been
> too many years since I did that - its not obvious how to do it via
> nsi.com, nor does dotster.com provide any information.

Name server registration is no longer required for most registrars.  The
only requirement (afaict) is that the name server FQDN needs to be
resolvable when you add it to the list of name servers for your domain.

Network Solutions, however, still maintains a list of name servers your
account has used.  NSI gives you a way to manage them via their web
interface.

--

Phil Brutsche
phil at brutsche.us