[olug] radio

Christopher Cashell topher at zyp.org
Sat Aug 9 00:47:52 UTC 2003

At Fri, 08 Aug 03, Unidentified Flying Banana CM Miller, said:
> Good call on XMMS, although some at the last meeting
> that I spoke at back in July 2003 said it is a dead
> project with very new development.

If XMMS is dead, you might wanna check out Zinf[1].  It's a pretty slick
and useful audio player, and it's cool because it's cross platform.
Available on Linux and Win32.

It's based on the the FreeAmp code (name was changed due to trademark
lawsuit).  I started playing with it way back, as it was one of the
first players with good Ogg Vorbis support, and I've used it regularly
since then.

  [1]  http://www.zinf.org/