[olug] radio

CM Miller cmmiller1973 at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 8 23:19:26 UTC 2003

--- tbrownarcher <tbrownarcher at cox.net> wrote:
> I have  "rp8_linux20_libc6_i386_cs2_rpm"  in my
> documents directory.
> How do I install this and where do I find it when
> I'm done?
>
> thanks
> Nate
>
> On Friday 08 August 2003 01:36 pm, Ryan O'Rourke
> wrote:
> > On Fri, 2003-08-08 at 13:31, tbrownarcher wrote:
> > > What version do I download?  I have mandrake 9.1
> >
> > I would guess "Linux 2.x (libc6) i386" or "Linux
> 2.x (libc6 i386) RPM".
> > That is, if you are running Drake 9.1 on the i386
> architecture and not
> > Alpha, or PPC, or ...
> > Some RPMs will work for all RPM-based distros.

This is what I did for me.

Create directory under /usr/loca/share

Chmod u+x for
rp8_linux20_libc6_i386_cs2_rpm

rpm -ivh rp8_linux20_libc6_i386_cs2_rpm

That should install it.  Then try to run it by
clicking on any streaming url from browser or look
under /usr/lib/RealPlayer to run it.

That should do the trick and consult google for
anymore info

http://www.google.com/search?q=Install%20Real%20Player%20for%20Linux&sourceid=mozilla-search&start=0&start=0&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8

-Chris

=====
"The use of COBOL cripples the mind; its teaching should, therefore, be regarded as a criminal offense."

-Edsger W. Dijkstra