[olug] Ethernet Auto-negotiation and Duplexing on Linux

Derek & Lisa olug at robotz.com
Fri Aug 8 21:07:49 UTC 2003

I like ethertool as well and it allowed me to set the parameters for one of
these machines.  However, the machine on the other end is an older RH distro
version and ethertool just reports it cannot do anything (even with the Intel
card).

doing it manually....

insmod eepro100.o debug=1 options=0x20

With redhat kudzu configured the driver.  init level 3 network script loads
the driver if it isnt loaded already.  I am not sure how to pass the
parameters on to the driver when it loads.  edit /etc/rc.d/rc3.d/SXXnetwork
perhaps or somewhere else?

ty