[olug] Fw: FC: Linus Torvalds on digital rights management in Linux kernel

Nick Walter waltern at iivip.com
Tue Apr 29 01:17:56 UTC 2003

I don't think DRM, in and of itself, is a bad thing.

In conjunction with the absolutely crappy intellectual property/copyright
laws we have in this country, it does however becomes a tool for content
providers to control content users.  I agree with Linus, the place to fight
this isn't on the technical front.  We need to change the crappy laws.

Nick Walter