[olug] May meeting topics?

Brian Wiese bwiese at cotse.com
Sat Apr 26 03:06:23 UTC 2003

On 25 Apr 2003 13:29:55 -0500
"Ryan O'Rourke" <ryano at ch-gifts.com> wrote:

|On Fri, 2003-04-25 at 12:19, Craig Wolf wrote:
|> Here are a couple of links.  I regularly go out to www.congress.org to
|> use form letters to send to my congress people.  Lee Terry knows me by
|> name I think as often as I have contacted him.
|>
|> http://www.protectfairuse.org/index.html
|> http://congress.org/congressorg/home/
|>
|> Hope these ideas/links were helpful...
|
|I haven't been following this thread, so I hope I'm not missing
|something...  Form letters are easily spotted by spam filtering software
|and are often never seen by the intended recipients.
|
|Just one example of an article I've read about this topic in the past 6
|months:
|http://slashdot.org/articles/01/03/19/1432238.shtml

I've sent quite a few 'more or less' form letters into my representatives
via email and such, and still I get letter responses back from them
(albeit they are more or less form fed as well).  So, for perhaps more
effectual activism... how about we all check out the form letters, modify
them a bit to add our own words, then print them off and mail them at the
OLUG meeting so that they get done.  I don't think the spam filters pick
up on snail mail... and we can hand sign for extra impact!

peace

  Brian Wiese | bwiese at cotse.com | aim: unolinuxguru