[olug] Unix Tip: LINE NUMBERS IN LINUX

Daniel G. Linder dlinder at iprevolution.com
Wed Apr 16 17:08:20 UTC 2003

The place I remember it from was from the UseNet group "Alt.Hackers".
It was open to anyone to post, you just had to know the "trick".  The
trick was to include a line before your message that said something to
the effect of "approved post".  Furthermore, whenever you did post you
had to include an "OBligatory HACK" (obhack) to make it fall under the
"alt.hackers" group name.  If you posted a flame but didn't include the
"obhack", then you were flamed to a crispy critter... :) I am sure there
was a precursor to that, but I don't know it...

Dan