[olug] Wow... Netware Migration Path...

Dave Hull dphull at insipid.com
Tue Apr 15 13:50:59 UTC 2003

On Tue, 15 Apr 2003, Jon H. Larsen wrote:

> Novell adopts Linux as NetWare migration path

Sorry didn't follow the link. I work in a NetWare shop, my boss has been a
true believer in NetWare for more than a decade. He told me yesterday that the
version 7 will run natively on top of the Linux Kernel. That's pretty cool. No
more having to load DOS on a machine just to boot into NetWare.

I'm also told they are going to officially support AMP (Apache, MySQL and
PHP/Perl) so now you can have NAMP boxes in place of your LAMP boxes, if you'd
like.

Personally, I'm sticking with LAMP. NetWare's always made a great file server,
but Linux still has many advantages over it, IMO.

--
Dave Hull
http://insipid.com

The appreciation of the average visual graphisticator alone is worth
the whole suaveness and decadence which abounds!!