[olug] HDC: Lost Interrupt Error

Brian Wiese bwiese at cotse.com
Sun Apr 13 23:21:45 UTC 2003

On Sat, 12 Apr 2003 20:24:01 -0700 (PDT)
CM Miller <cmmiller1973 at yahoo.com> wrote:

|Whenever using XMMS to play oggs/mp3s from a mounted
|cdrom, XMMS will stop playing and do nothing.  I
|cannot kill the process, or umount.  I have to reboot
|to fix it.

When does it the music stop/xmms die?  Do you play music for awhile, then
hours later it just stops or hangs and you can't kill it?  I've had
something like this before, after playing mp3s from a networked drive over
many hours/days - it seemed like xmms would lock up and the system needed
to be rebooted, again - I couldnt kill the xmms process.  I think it had
something to do with tying up my sound device /dev/dsp or something, it
was locked up too if I recall - or still in use by xmms.

|Using clt+alt and F1, I get out of the GUI, get a
|login screen, login in and get this error:
|
|HDC: Lost Interrupt.

You get this on reboots/boot ups?  Just when you are playing music from
xmms?  This doesn't seem like an error that xmms would spit out.

|Google the output and get this website
|
|http://www.greenend.org.uk/rjk/2002/02/lostinterrupt.html
|

|I check my /proc/interrupts
|

|          CPU0
|  0:   10307351          XT-PIC  timer
|  1:      12545          XT-PIC  keyboard
|  2:          0          XT-PIC  cascade
|  3:     123161          XT-PIC  SiS 7018 PCI Audio,
|EMU10K1
|  5:      13429          XT-PIC  eth0
|  6:         22          XT-PIC  floppy
|  8:          1          XT-PIC  rtc
| 11:          0          XT-PIC  usb-ohci, usb-ohci
| 12:     213315          XT-PIC  PS/2 Mouse
| 14:      82148          XT-PIC  ide0
| 15:     115332          XT-PIC  ide1
|NMI:          0
|ERR:          1
|

|Looks like I have ide0 and ide1 being used...and ide1
|is using IRQ15, which is right, correct?
|

|...and then check my /proc/ioports and get
|

|0000-001f : dma1
|0020-003f : pic1
|0040-005f : timer
|0060-006f : keyboard
|0070-007f : rtc
|0080-008f : dma page reg
|00a0-00bf : pic2
|00c0-00df : dma2
|00f0-00ff : fpu
|0170-0177 : ide1
|01f0-01f7 : ide0
|0376-0376 : ide1
|I have ide1 listed twice.
|0170-0177 : ide1
|0376-0376 : ide1
|
|Is this right?

According to the website you listed, and my settings --- I imagine so, I
have the same output as I guess those are the standard interrupts for
ide1.

  Brian Wiese | bwiese at cotse.com | aim: unolinuxguru