[olug] iso vs. winrar

Mike Hostetler thehaas at binary.net
Sat Apr 12 12:15:00 UTC 2003

On Fri, Apr 11, 2003 at 10:31:32PM -0500, G.M. wrote:
> I checked the properties on the file and it says it's an iso.I tried to burn
> it to disk like one but I still get that error.Is it something I need to
> burn in linux?

WinRAR (and Linux RAR) can open .iso files -- maybe when you installed
WinRAR, you just checked the default and it did it for everything?

This is probably unrelated to the fact that you can't burn from the
image. Make sure that you are telling your software to burn from an ISO
image (I know EasyCDCreater defaults to something else).  If that doesn't
take care of it, try downloading the iso again -- perhaps it got
corrupted in transfer.

My $0.02.

-- mikeh