[olug] vpr Matrix Notebook (slightly OT)

William E. Kempf wekempf at cox.net
Wed Apr 9 18:04:05 UTC 2003

Anyone have experience or knowledge about these?  The vpr Matrix is a
BestBuy only brand, and they've got a nice price on the 175B4 (just under
$800 after some rebates).  However, I don't know anything about this brand
as far as quality is concerned.  I've found some reviews of other models
that lead me to believe it's a decent laptop (one thing that scares me is
the keyboard not being great for touch typists), but since the reviews
aren't specifically about this lower end model...

I did find a site that indicates it's fairly Linux friendly, which is a
definate plus.

Any way, if there's anyone with personal experience with this laptop,
especially this model, I'd appreciate a private e-mail (mostly because
this is only peripherally relevant to the group).  Or if you have any
other suggestions for a decent laptop at under $1000.

--
William E. Kempf