[olug] web server performance/stress testing

Brian Wiese bwiese at cotse.com
Tue Apr 8 19:06:21 UTC 2003

apt-get install siege 	      // produces some nice stats and info

http://www.joedog.org/siege/index.shtml

ABOUT SIEGE
Siege is an http regression testing and benchmarking utility. It was
designed to let web developers measure the performance of their code under
duress, to see how it will stand up to load on the internet. Siege
supports basic authentication, cookies, HTTP and HTTPS protocols. It
allows the user hit a web server with a configurable number of concurrent
simulated users. Those users place the webserver "under siege."

  Brian Wiese | bwiese at cotse.com | aim: unolinuxguru