[olug] web server performance/stress testing

Nick Walter waltern at iivip.com
Tue Apr 8 15:28:53 UTC 2003

Anyone got any advice on stress testing a web server?  I've got a
machine with RH 7.2 + Apache 1.3 + Tomcat 4.1 doing mostly servlet stuff
against a database back-end.  The DB is on a different server.

I need to figure out a way to prove I can get to my target of 400
simultaneous users all doing stuff at once on the webserver.  I know the
db can handle the load easily, but any advice on good apache/tomcat
testing practices would be appreciated :)

Nick Walter