[olug] video file

Adam Haeder adamh at omaha.org
Sat Apr 5 07:07:38 UTC 2003

You need some sort of analog video capture card that will read your analog
signal and save it in a digital format.
I bought the Pinnacle Studio AV version 8. It's a Windows app that comes
bundled with an analog capture card. You can buy it off their website
(http://www.pinnaclesys.com/ProductPage.asp?Product_ID=577&Langue_ID=7,
scroll down to "Pinnacle Studio AV version 8") for $129.99. I think
CompUSA carries it as well. The software
works very well, I've made some nice movies with it. Saves movies to MPEG,
RealPlayer or Windows Media format.
I've tried different linux options, most notably Cinerella, but never had
much luck with them.
Congrats on the new grandson, btw

--
Adam Haeder