[olug] SpamAssasin and clamscan

Eric Penne epenne at olug.org
Thu Apr 3 15:04:26 UTC 2003

Thanks!

Here's the skinny from what I've done in my OLUG shell account.  I'm using
squirrelmail.  I created 2 directories FalsePositive and FalseNegative.
Email that is spam but not flagged as spam is put in FalseNegative.  Email
that is not spam but is flagged as spam is put in FalsePositive.  In the
shell account I have a script that I run to reassociate the email
correctly so SpamAssassin can "learn" from my email.

sa-learn --spam --mbox ~/FalseNegative
sa-learn --nospam --mbox ~/FalsePositive

I'm not really sure about the AntiVirus stuff yet though because most of
the email I receive on my OLUG account gets filtered @ieee.org first or
through the email lists I'm on.

Thank you Brian for taking the time to install these 2 pieces of software.

Eric Penne
epenne at ieee.org