[olug] Fw: [Acm] tonite @ 8:30pm - black ops of tcp/ip (paketto keiretsu)

Brian Wiese bwiese at cotse.com
Wed Apr 2 16:09:57 UTC 2003

FYI ... thought these lists might be interested as well.  If you would
like to receive these announcements in the future, please reply back and
let me know (opt-in).

Tonight's UNO ACM infosec presentation...

	Blackhat 2002 - Las Vegas	Tape #20
	Dan Kaminsky - Black Ops of TCP/IP (Paketto Keiretsu)

More information:
http://www.doxpara.com/paketto/

The Blackhat presentation:
http://www.blackhat.com/html/bh-usa-02/bh-usa-02-speakers.html#Kaminsky
http://www.blackhat.com/presentations/bh-usa-02/bh-us-02-kaminsky-blackops.ppt

The Defcon presentation:
http://www.defcon.org/images/defcon-10/dc-10-presentations/dc10-kaminsky-tcpip.ppt

This is a pretty great presentation (I saw the Defcon one), and really
stretches your imagination on what can be done on TCP/IP networks.

The security discussions start at 8:30pm in the War Room (279) of the
Peter Kiewit Institute at 67th Street and Pacific.

background:
These Information Security discussions are a production of the security
special interest group of the University of Nebraska at Omaha (UNO)
Association for Computing Machinery (ACM).  The discussions center around
a video tape presentation (from Dr. Blaine Burnham's personal archive)
made at past Black Hat Briefings and Defcon conferences.  These meetings
are informal in nature, and open to the mature public who have interest in
learning and promoting information security in an ethical manner.

peace

  Brian Wiese | bwiese at cotse.com | aim: unolinuxguru
  GnuPG/PGP key 0xF3220030 | "FREEDOM!" - Braveheart