[olug] ASCII Ribbon Campaign

Nick Walter waltern at iivip.com
Tue Sep 24 05:27:55 UTC 2002

I'll risk being flamed till I'm crisp . . .

I completely understand and agree with "Respect for open standards" and also
"No M$ Word docs in e-mail".  I can't, however, quite agree with "No
HTML/RTF in e-mail".  Both HTML and (theoretically) RTF are open formats
that are well supported in a variety of O/Ss.  Using these formats is not
contributing to anyone's evil monopoly or excluding a Linux/*BSD user from
reading the document properly.  I myself send and receive quite a bit of
HTML e-mail from the linux desktop I sit in front of for 8 hours a day at
work, and have absolutely no problems reading it or sending it . . .

Nick Walter