[olug] RedHat 7.3 Installation Woes

Jonathan Warren thechunk at cox.net
Fri Sep 27 16:19:44 UTC 2002

/sbin/route should show somthing like this for you default gateway as well.
Kernel IP routing table
Destination     Gateway         Genmask         Flags Metric Ref    Use Iface
192.168.1.0     *               255.255.255.0   U     0      0        0 eth0
loopback        *               255.0.0.0       U     0      0        0 lo
default         192.168.1.2     0.0.0.0         UG    0      0        0 eth0

In response to your X problem I much prefer the XFree86 -configure option to generate an nice starting XF86Config.  It even tells you how to test it and install it if it works.  Very simple but won't detect every situation.  If you post the graphics card your using and the type of mouse and keyboard you have we might be able to help you tweak your /etc/X11/XF86Config file.