[olug] Take polititcal action against the RIAA

Jeff Hinrichs jlh at cox.net
Tue Sep 17 04:48:20 UTC 2002

I haven't seen this on the list before so I thought that I would mention it.
The EFF has set up a political action website http://action.eff.org where
you can email/fax your legislators and let them know where you stand on
technology issues.

Don't like the idea of the RIAA hacking you because you might be sharing
copyrighted works?
How about having a federal law that forces a DRM chip to be built in  to
every computing device so you can't make a legal copy of properly purchased
music?

It's as simple as it gets and if you don't say something this junk is just
gonna roll on through and become law.

-Jeff