[olug] LAN Connections

Don E. Kauffman dkauffman at tconl.com
Thu Sep 12 15:21:03 UTC 2002

I'm having a problem keeping my connection to the cable modem up. The
ethernet on-board "card " is a TLAN and it connects to a DHCP 3 com (?) cable
modem. It seems to go down later at night 8-11 or so. I've reset the modem
and it'll be up for no more than ten minutes before the connection goes dead
again. I'm on Qwest Choice Online. They replaced this modem Tuesday and the
same thing happened again last night. Can you folks offer any suggestions as
to what might be happening  and preventive meauures I could take? I'm using
RH 7.2  Linux as my routing service and as far as I can tell everything else
seems to be working right.

Thanks!

Don Kauffman

PS. Gated isn't running.