[olug] Try Gentoo?

Jim jameso at elwood.net
Thu Sep 12 02:40:53 UTC 2002

I installed it on a extra machine I had here. I am very impressed with
it. It reminds me of OpenBSD for some reason. A very clean OS.

I think this is the info you are looking for:

jameso at rhino jameso $ cat /proc/cpuinfo
processor       : 0
vendor_id       : AuthenticAMD
cpu family      : 5
model           : 8
model name      : AMD-K6(tm) 3D processor
stepping        : 0
cpu MHz         : 300.763
cache size      : 64 KB
fdiv_bug        : no
hlt_bug         : no
f00f_bug        : no
coma_bug        : no
fpu             : yes
fpu_exception   : yes
cpuid level     : 1
wp              : yes
flags           : fpu vme de pse tsc msr mce cx8 mmx syscall 3dnow
bogomips        : 591.87
jameso at rhino jameso $ grep i586 /etc/make.conf
# otherwise, change to i586, i486 or i386 as appropriate. All modern
systems
CHOST="i586-pc-linux-gnu"