[olug] DocBook

Dave Burchell burchell at inebraska.com
Wed Oct 30 23:10:33 UTC 2002

William E. Kempf says:
> The issue is that when the DocBook DTD changes, you'll have to update your
> XSLT generator to handle the changes.  But if you stick with the standard
> tools for DocBook, someone else is responsible for this.

Good point.  A change in DocBook could make my XSLT stylesheet
obsolete.  (So could a change in the output format, such as a new
version of XHTML.) To avoid this, you could borrow someone else's
XSLT stylesheets rather than writing your own.  For example, Norm
Walsh, a DocBook guru, has his own DocBook -> XHTML stylesheets for
XSLT.  See
"http://sourceforge.net/project/shownotes.php?release_id=115351".

--
Dave Burchell                                          40.49'N, 96.41'W
Free your mind and your software will follow.              402-467-1619