[olug] Uptime to boot date

David Walker linux_user at grax.com
Wed Oct 30 22:45:53 UTC 2002

If you really have reached 493 days you are nearly to the 497 day mark.
At 497 the counter resets and your uptime command will show 0 days uptime.
I have a couple of machines that recently hit this mark and I am now using the
following command to show boot date.

bootdate=`ls -ald --full-time /proc/`; echo ${bootdate:42:24}