[olug] FTP server

Nick Walter waltern at iivip.com
Tue Oct 29 15:07:16 UTC 2002

the ftp service is usually enabled through the xinetd daemon, which
actually listens on multiple ports and invokes the correct services when
incoming network traffic arrives for them.

To enable wu-ftpd through xinetd on RH7.3, edit the file
/etc/xinetd.d/wu-ftpd

look for a line like "disable = yes".  Chage it to "disable = no" or
just remove it entirely.  Then restart xinetd via the command "service
xinetd restart"  At this point you should be able to accept ftp
requests, assuming the ftp packages are correctly installed :)

Nick Walter